Open Table Day, Coventry
When: Saturday, 21 Oct 2017 10:00AM | Where: Methodist Central Hall, Warwick Lane, Coventry, CV1 2HA
This is an opportunity for all members of existing Open Table communities and for those considering whether Open Table is a ministry they wish to offer in their church to come together and share experience, insight and visions for the future. Book your place here.
Guest speakers include:
- Tracey Byrne, Chief Executive of OneBodyOneFaith (formerly the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement) on the value of visible congregations, spaces and gatherings for LGBT+ Christians to belong and beleive, worship and pray.
- Bob Callaghan, National Coordinator of Inclusive Church, on how to become a (more) inclusive church
- Mark Rowland, Methodist Minister and Team Leader, Coventry Central Hall, on his church's experience of a 'Fellowship of Cont...roversy' around LGBT issues.
The event will be facilitated by Kieran Bohan and Warren Hartley, two of the founding members of the first Open Table community, which began at St Bride's Liverpool in June 2008. In March 2016 the Archdeacon of Liverpool commissioned them as Local Missional Leaders (an authorised lay ministry) to support the development of the Open Table community in Merseyside and beyond.
Tea and coffee will be available - please bring a packed lunch, or buy from the cafe on site or nearby shops.
This event follows the success of the first away day for the growing Open Table family in July 2016, called 'Appreciating Open Table', which featured as a case study in Appreciating Church, a practical Appreciative Inquiry (AI) resource for churches and communities.
A brief history of Open Table was included in Journeys In Grace And Truth, a book of essays edited by Jayne Ozanne which was sent to every member of the Church of England's governing body General Synod, in June 2016.
Open Table was included in the Church Army research into the sustainability of Fresh Expressions in the CofE, which was published in November 2016, called 'Sustaining Young Churches'.
- What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Details on how to get to Coventry Central Hall are available from their website including details on where to park.
- How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07501 753618 and leave a message and we will reply as soon as possible.
Thank you - Come as you are!